Job Opportunity: Student Worker (f/m) in „alternative Interaction“.
The Design Research Lab at Berlin University of the Arts is looking for two student workers (f/m) to support us in the project “SPEECHLESS” from now to June 2014 (4 – 6 months).
Start date: January 1st or 15th of January 2014
Description The interdisciplinary research project “SPEECHLESS” aims at analysing and developing novel interactive interfaces. The work will mainly revolve around an (interaction) design research project project investigating the impact of interaction design in the context of Deafness and Blindness. Aside from that, the student assistant will partly support other projects and will develop an overview of the Lab‘s ongoings. Main field of practice for the student assistant will be on exploring and designing novel design interactions, corresponding interfaces and their social context while crossing the boundaries of design and science.
Project tasks (depending on the focus of the two student assistant positions)
▪ Conceptual design and development of interfaces
▪ Prototyping Interactions
▪ Development and construction of experimental interface elements
▪ Preparation and assistance in user-workshops
▪ Electronic prototyping, basic software development, construction of textile circuits
▪ Project documentation (print and online)
You should be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of interaction design, communication design, fashion or textile design, computer science or related fields. Following skills are important to us:
▪ Experience in Interaction Design
▪ Interest in experimental interfaces
▪ Interest in Design Research
▪ Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
▪ Experience in Prototyping
▪ Interest in physical Computing
▪ Layout, documentation and visualization
▪ Strong visual language
▪ Fluent in English (spoken and written)
▪ Ability and wish to work in dynamic teams
Programming knowledge (Java, Android, iOS), basic skills in dealing with electronic component, experience with textile production techniques are a plus.
Application process Please send an e-mail including your CV and short portfolio or link to your online portfolio to Tom Bieling (firstname.lastname@example.org) a.s.a.p. We will close applications on december 15, 2013. The position is paid according to ”Tarifvertrag für studentische Hilfskräfte II” (TV Stud II). Duration is 6 months (optional: 4 months), 20 hours/week.
We are looking forward to your application.