- RT @genderdesign: Yey! We love books about gender & design, especially since so many wonderful people have contributed to it. Thank you @to… 5 days ago
- RT @Nicola_Marsden: Finally there: Very honored that my paper on “Gender in the Design of HCI” is in this wonderful book next to @utabrande… 1 week ago
- RT @danielarosner: @SpecSpace1 @dsgnblts Thanks @SpecSpace1 so much for hosting me and for facilitating such a stimulating discussion in wh… 1 week ago
- RT @dsgnblts: Bereits seit Mitte des 20. Jahrhunderts beschäftigen sich die Geistes- und Sozialwissenschaften mit der Frage nach der sozial… 1 week ago
- RT @SpecSpace1: @danielarosner on Speculative Fabulations at our #SpecSpace Symposion#1 speclog.xyz/news/speculati… #SpeculativeDesign #Desi… 2 weeks ago
Category Archives: prosthetics
“Die Technik rückt dem Menschen auf den Pelz”. Christoph Asmuth wählte ein eindringliches Bild als Eröffnungs-Statement für das Symposium „Die Mobilisierung des Körpers“ am Dresdner Hygienemuseum. Rund 50 Teilnehmende waren gekommen, um sich an zwei Tagen über vergangene, gegenwärtige, zukünftige, … Continue reading
“Prosthetic arms and legs are beginning to approximate the functionality of our natural limbs”. Rob Spence aka the “Eyeborg” (a self proclaimed cyborg who lost an eye replaced it with a wireless video camera) investigates prosthetics, cybernetics and human augmentation. … Continue reading
John hockenberry and Hugh Herr at MIT world on human restauration and augmentation… watch the full clip here!
[Pitorius] Already some time ago, Sentient Developments posted an interesting article on the general discussion of the use of prosthetic help in sports. On the occasion of the example of double-amputeed runner Oscar Pitorius, it raised the question, whether his prosthetic legs give … Continue reading
Francesca Lanzavecchia’s thesis project ‘pro aesthetics supports’ explores the perception of disability through its artefacts. In her project she redesigned common medical artefacts associated with disability such as neck braces, canes, crutches and back braces. [The aid-object grows to accommodate the … Continue reading
Jerry Jalava, after loosing his finger in an accident, has now embedded a 2Gg USB stick in his prosthesis. Watch more pics of this practical construction on his flickr!
[Benetton; Food for Life; Campaign 2003 ] We have been discussing the corelation of “disabilities” and “abilites”, as well as it’s perspectives for practical use, mis-use and re-use of body and material for quite a while now. Well, the picture above, taken from the 2003’s benetton- and world-food-programme … Continue reading
[picture: soundAMP; AppStore] iPhone’s App Store recently added soundAMP, a hearing aid application available for $9.99. The app basically takes everything that reaches the phone’s microphone, and makes it louder. Manually adjustment and choose from different equalizer settings are possible. It also … Continue reading