The latest SZ Magazin (of Süddeutsche Zeitung) portraits a whoman, that suffers of diabetic retinopathy and therefore is has been becoming blind. The article hauntingly points out a person’s fear of losing sight. The protagonist in this article describes her wish (and at the same time the impossibility) of compiling a “inner photoalbum”, where she could try to virtually remember important things. More important than e.g. buildings and places (“Unimportant! These can all be described by others!”) are people (“parents, sister, brother, her own face in the mirror…”) or situations (“An autumn’s morning, the view from east to west from warsaw bridge in berlin”).
But, she can not discipline her brain, and therefore has to accept: “The pictures just disappear”.
- Starting in 20 ... twitter.com/specspace1/sta… 7 hours ago
- RT @AestheManag: Prepping for TMW's lecture "On Nonadaptation and Realizability" - online at 18Uhr CET, hosted by the good people at @SpecS… 1 day ago
- RT @SpecSpace1: Next tuesday (18th may), Patricia Reed will be our guest speaker at #PotentialsOfSpeculation. Feel free to tune in at 6pm C… 4 days ago
- RT @SpecSpace1: Join us tonight at 6pm (CEST) #PotentialsOfSpeculation with @MattLMalpass on #Critical #Speculative #Design Link via 👉🏼http… 1 week ago
- RT @dsgnblts: DANKE MICHEAL ERLHOFF! Am 1. Mai 2021 verstarb #MichaelErlhoff, der so vielen von uns so vieles mit auf den Weg gegeben hat.… 2 weeks ago